For more than a decade, our companies have tackled complex problems for the agency. Our work spans 10 offices, including the Air Traffic Organization (ATO), System Operations Services, Aviation Safety (AVS), and the Office of NextGen (ANG). We will leverage these insights to deliver results in two key eFAST areas:
- Business Administration and Management
- Computer/Information Systems Development
We have been a trusted partner on 15 contracts involving HQ and field offices. Our work includes:
- System Operations Safety Management (SOSM): Designing, implementing, and achieving certification of an ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS). Facilitating three semi-annual team building and strategic planning sessions.
- Office of Safety:Conducting a pre-assessment audit and implementing a sustainable QMS featuring continual process improvement.
- Flight Standards Service (AFS):Supporting a change management team to facilitate implementation of a Safety Assurance System (SAS), developing templates to collect change management data, analyzing metrics to measure success, and making recommendations based on data gathered to better meet FAA’s goals.
- System Approach for Safety Oversight Program Office (SASO):Researching industry and agency initiatives that systematically address safety, interviewing quality managers and others involved in maintaining aviation safety, and developing the conceptual construct for the FAA.
- Office of NextGen (ANG):Creating aggregate traffic and flight delay charts for the overall United States and for the largest 35 U.S. airports. Improving the accuracy of FAA flight schedules by adding data on airport capacity and traffic patterns into forecasts.
- Aviation Safety (AVS):Assessing strengths and weaknesses of existing Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) plan. Developing new five-year OSH plan, revising the OSH handbook, designing a job hazard assessment template, and completing job hazard assessments for five tasks common to all AVS offices.